Renew Family Services, LLC offers the best drug intervention in Pennsylvania and helps families and alcohol/drug abusers overcome their misery. Our successful interventions have helped individuals express their feelings constructively to their addicted loved ones and motivate them to seek professional help.
What Is An Intervention?
An intervention is a structured conversation between family, friends, and an individual battling Substance Use Disorder (SUD). An intervention often occurs under the supervision of an intervention specialist. Successful interventions can help individuals suffering from addiction express their feelings constructively to their loved ones.
Simply talking to an addict about their behavioral disorder hardly ever leads to a fruitful outcome. Group intervention is a highly effective step that can show individuals with SUD learn about how their actions affect those around them. As a leading intervention and addiction recovery services provider, our goal is to help the person abusing drugs or alcohol attend outpatient addiction and mental health treatment.
How To Stage An Intervention?
The first stage of an intervention involves contacting an experienced interventionalist. Having an intervention professional is pivotal to keeping communication between the parties smooth and moving. They can help the addict overcome denial and stage a successful intervention. Here are a few other tips to help you conduct an intervention:
- Avoid solo confrontations – Trying to sit with the addict one-on-one can make matters worse. Confronting an addict alone can make them stubborn, causing them not to accept any help. Also, we do not recommend that you hold an intervention with family and friends alone.
- Form an intervention group – An interventionalist will help you create an intervention strategy and educate the intervening parties on how to address their addicted loved one. Your intervention group can include parents, siblings, spouses, partners, co-workers, and close friends. All the group members should work towards one goal, to convince the addict to start outpatient substance abuse treatment.
- Rehearse – Encouraging your friends and family to rehearse and prepare for the intervention under the supervision of an intervention specialist can lead to positive outcomes during the actual session.
Make sure to choose a familiar space for your intervention where the addict feels safe and at ease. It is also critical that you schedule the meeting when your loved one will be sober.
When To Intervene For A Loved One?
It can be difficult to confront your loved one about their alcohol or drug abuse problem. Although you mean well, your loved one might feel cornered or awkward. In such cases, arranging an intervention can help your loved one sign up for IOP treatment nearby. Here are a few outward signs to look for in your loved one that warns the need for intervention:
- Secretive behavior
- Borrowing money
- Aggressive behavior
- Deteriorating physical appearance
- Lack of energy or motivation
- Problems at work, school or in relationships
- Health-related problems
Contact us at 267-626-2018 to learn more about our drug intervention in Pennsylvania. Renew Family Services, LLC has helped several families verbally and calmly convey their feelings and emotions to their loved ones struggling with addiction. Our interventionists care about helping individuals suffering from addiction and possess the training to assist and encourage them to sign up for the best outpatient addiction treatment. Get in touch with us today.